I originally preached this sermon on The Second Sunday In Lent (2 Lent Year A) preached in my role as Priest-in-Charge Christ Episcopal Church Middletown, New Jersey – Sunday, March 12, 2017. I have not posted a sermon since I retired on October 1, 2018 as I have been in the pews not the pulpit. The sermon features a conversation with Nicodemus and Jesus wherein Jesus uses the love of Mary Hatch from the movie It’s a Wonderful Life to explain the love that does not condemn the world but saves the world. The theme works during Advent/Christmas as well as Lent (especially after watching It’s a Wonderful Life!).
This sermon can viewed at
- Sermon – The Third Sunday In Lent – March 24, 2019
- A Sermon featuring the love of Mary Hatch from It’s a Wonderful Life
- Sermon – The Eighteenth Sunday After Pentecost – September 23, 2018
- Sermon – The Seventeenth Sunday After Pentecost – September 16, 2018
- Sermon – The Sixteenth Sunday After Pentecost – September 9, 2018